Hiking in Carinthia, Austria
Enjoy hiking holidays in Bad Kleinkirchheim
Helga Ronacher and our professional mountain guide, Jürgen, will take your on a breathtaking hiking tour (levels range from easy to advanced) through the Nockberge National Park. Here you will have an opportunity to experience the sunrise in the Alps, alpine festivities or a picnic on Kaiserburg Mountain.
The unique rock formation of the Nockberge mountains and its fresh alpine air ensure hiking in Bad Kleinkirchheim will always be a special experience. The panoramic views along the trails are absolutely stunning. Hikers will encounter fascinating fauna such as alpine roses that bloom into a sea of flowers. The sunny terraces of Carinthia’s alpine taverns invite you to rest your weary legs and savour a hearty meal from locally sourced produce.
NEW: Mountain & nature experience weeks
Discover Carinthia’s mountain world with our mountain guide Jürgen and the experienced rangers of the Nockberge national park with our Mountain & nature experience weeks from 1st September to 22nd September 2012.
Alpe Adria Trail - Hiking from the Großglockner mountain to Triest
The Alpe Adria Trail is a varied journey of discovery through three countries – Austria, Italy and Slovenia – and three cultures. From the foot of the majestic Grossglockner to the azure blue sea. On the Alpe-Adria-Trail – with heavenly views in the “Garden of Eden”. With views over a well balanced mix of glorious spectacles of nature, alpine water experiences and a fascinating world of animals and plants. Along lakes, streams and rivers until we reach our destination, the Adriatic.
Hiking holiday in Bad Kleinkirchheim
- 1,000 km of marked and well-maintained trails.
- Safe ascent trails between 1,000 m and 2,500 m above sea level.
- Safe high-altitude trails with splendid panoramic views.
- Traditional, cosy alpine taverns.
- Overwhelming beauty of the mountains and its water: crystal clear springs, picturesque mountain lakes, wild torrents and babbling brooks.
- Nockberge National Park with its unique flora and fauna
- Hiking excursions for everyone: hop aboard a cable car and start your tour from the top of the Nockberge mountains. It will save you having to walk uphill.
Recommended hiking gear
- Good hiking shoes
- Rain gear or windbreaker
- Microfibre underwear
- Light trousers
- Hiking socks
- Trekking boots
- Hat or head covering
- Backpack (with padded straps and curved back)
- First-aid kit
- Energy bars, drinks
- Trekking pole
A visit to the National Park is a great way for kids to discover nature. Enjoy hiking holidays in Bad Kleinkirchheim and send us your no obligation holiday enquiry.