Mountain biking in Carinthia
Explore the bike tours in Carinthia
The “Nockbike” region is a goldmine for mountain bikers. The diverse terrain of this southern corner of the Alps offers plenty of adventure for beginners, families, mountain climbers and even the hardcore fanatics. And bikers are certain to be thrilled with Carinthia’s breathtaking panoramic views.
The region offers over 1,000 km of sign-posted and secure bike trails, which stretch from Nockberge/Bad Kleinkirchheim past Lake Millstätter See, into the Liesertal and Maltatal Valleys, as far as Katschberg. Those looking for the ultimate adrenalin rush can join one of the freeride tours, which take you around Bad Kleinkirchheim, onto exhilarating downhill passages and single tracks, via Feld am See. The family-oriented cycle path around Lake Millstätter See invites parents and kids to enjoy a relaxing tour. You can also learn more about “Seeberührungen”: an energising therapy, which roughly translates as “touching the lake”.
Mountain biking in Carinthia
The Krainer Sport school offers mountain bike tours from May to October:
- Daily guided tours
- Divided into at least two groups, according to level of ability
- Professional guides – for beginners, families, pleasure-seekers, and challenging single trail technical training
- Riding technique instructions, downhill training, workshops, incentives, outdoor camps
- Packages for individual guests and groups,
- Nockbike shuttle service for pleasure-seekers (trailer taxi, cable car, boat)
- Bike taxi - we bring you to the starting point of your tour
- Repair service, bike shop and bike hire
- Excellent maps and guides
- Young Rocket Bike Camp for kids & teens
NEW in the summer of 2014: The Nock Five
The Nock Five – the five most attractive Nockberge mountain summits in four days
Experience the top five Carinthian Nockberge mountains summits in a unique four-day tour. The tour features a one-of-a-kind mountain and lake landscape in several levels of difficulty led by biking professionals from the Krainer sports school. It leads along challenging trails in the Goldecks, Mirnocks, Wöllaner Nocks, Rosennocks and Lake Millstätt Alps area. Culinary treats such as local beef, salmon, cheese noodles and Alpine-Adria cuisine are not to be missed. A great biking opportunity between mountains and lakes on the sunny side of the Alps.
- Tour of the Goldeck area (incl. use of cable car, poss. bike ferry over Lake Millstätt)
- Tour of the Mirnock area
- Tour of the Kolmnock/Wöllanernock area
- Tour of the Brunnach/Millstätt Alps area
The tour sequence depends on the weather and the ability of the mountain bikers. Depending on the fitness levels and equipment of the group, between 700 and 1500 altitude metres are covered every day. All tours start and finish at the BKK collection point. Guests are picked up in a star-shaped sequence from the sports school by bike trailer and transported to the appropriate tour.
from € 274,00 per person for the tour package
Dates: 06.06. – 09.06. / 10.07. – 13.07. / 25.09. – 28.09.2014
Minimum number of participants: 4 persons
Additional dates for groups of 4 persons and over are bookable at any time.
Spend your mountain bike holiday in Carinthia and send us your no obligation holiday enquiry for your stay at the ‘Die Post’ Hotel.