A sauna with children – what you should bear in mind with family wellness
A family swimwear sauna at Hotel Die Post, ideal for children
Wellness days are good for the body. They give us space from day-to-day life, let us unwind and relax. Saunas stimulate the circulation and strengthen the immune system. These facts are undisputed for adults but what about wellness and saunas for children?
Wellness for the whole family, children in the sauna
From a physical point of view, there are basically no arguments against children having a sauna from the age of about one year old. Nevertheless, you should bear some things in mind when having a sauna with children and be very considerate. From a hygiene perspective, children should only be taken into the sauna if they can control their bodily functions, i.e. they are "toilet trained". And children should be able to sit still and quietly in the sauna for a few minutes.
Things you should bear in mind with children in the sauna
- One accompanying adult should be in the sauna per child in order to be able to react quickly if they feel unwell.
- Heat can have a stronger physical effect on children than on adults. Which is why children should only be in the sauna for a short time, especially at the beginning – 3 minutes are plenty! And not too often – 2 visits to the sauna are enough.
- The lowest bench is recommended for children. The sauna is not quite as hot here. And be careful with the infusion! It is not recommended for children.
- To cool down children should stand briefly under then cold and then under the warm rain shower. The difference in temperature should not be extreme.
- Children should not have eaten 2 – 3 hours before visiting the sauna as the strain on the body can otherwise be too great resulting in nausea.
- Make sure that your child drinks plenty of water before and after visiting the sauna/steam bath!
Swimwear sauna and steam bath – ideal for children and families
We have opened a special sauna and steam bath for families and children at Hotel Die Post, which can only be entered in swimwear and not naked! They are a place where the whole family can relax and feel comfortable together. A place that you can enter with your children without any worries and where even teenagers feel comfortable.
Feel-good on holiday with the whole family in Carinthia
Families and anyone who prefers not to relax naked can find the perfect conditions for a relaxing time feeling great in the swimwear sauna and steam bath at Hotel Die Post in Bad Kleinkirchheim. Plan your stay at the family hotel in Carinthia! Besides the child-friendly wellness area we offer you variety-packed supervision for children and youngsters, top dining and numerous options for day trips and sporting activities with children. Find out about the offers and packages for families at Hotel Die Post. Active. Family. Spa. or simply send us your no-obligation enquiry!